Psst…Hover over the image to shop the items.
The Sephora Spring Savings Event is upon us! Every time the company offers a sale like this, I try and take advantage of the extra savings it offers. This year’s sale will take place April 1-11 online and in stores, with sale access and discount percentage available based on your Sephora Beauty Insider tier level:
- April 1: Rouge – 20% off
- April 5: VIB – 15% off
- April 7: Insider – 10% off
I’ve been all three of these levels over they years, but my strategy going into the sale has remained the same. Sephora isn’t a store that I walk into without knowing what I’m looking for, so I’m sharing my thought process when choosing what to buy during the sale. Let me know: do you plan out your sale picks or just dive right in? I’ve also included a handy infographic at the bottom of this post that you can use as you plan.
What am I running out of?
This is a great time to stock up on products and items you use regularly at a discounted price. For me, I take inventory of items like foundation, skincare, and hair masks. That way I can have a replacement on hand when my product runs out.
My go-to products:
- Fenty Skin Tint. This is my everyday foundation. I’m not wearing a ton of makeup these days, but it gives just enough sheer coverage to hide any major blemishes.
- Olaplex No. 8 Bond Intense Moisture Hair Mask. I try and use this once a week on my hair. It keeps my curls feeling smooth and moisturized.
- Sephora Facial Cleansing Tool. It’s a simply, yet effective way to cleans your face when you wash it each night. I usually have one or two extras of these on hand.
What do I want to try?
Again, purchasing products at a discount makes it more lucrative to try new things. I typically will take a look at the new arrivals page on the website to see if there are any new things that stand out or new products from my favorite brands.
Things I’m considering:
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Stick Cream Blush. I keep seeing people use cream blush in makeup tutorials recently, so it has peaked my interest.
- GrandeLASH Serum. A few friends have said some good things about this lash serum. Since I don’t have eyelash extensions (…yet), I want to give this a try to see how it works.
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Matte Bronzer. If I end up liking the bronzer, I imagine it’ll be one of my everyday products.
What is a good value or doesn’t often go on sale?
Most often for me, this is the spot where I spend the most money because it’s items like hair tools and skincare that fall into this category. In the past, I’ve purchased my T3 flat iron and other hair tools because I could get a discounted price. Consider purchasing these types of items during the sale.
I was reading the fine print of the sale and it looks like there is a limit of one Dyson item per transaction, so if you’ve been eyeing the uber popular Dyson Airwrap or Dyson Hair Dryer, take advantage of your discount!
This year I don’t have any high priced items on this list, but products like the Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Shine Lipsticks fall into this category for me. I’ve been buying these for years and usually pick up a new color during the sale. I also like to have a few pairs of lashes on hand for special events, so I’ll pick up some Lilly Lashes as well.